hey, you guys
hope you’re good / hope you’re well
it’s been a while, and some things have happened. i guess we can call these things ‘news’. shall we call these things ‘news’? i don’t know.
- last April i was commissioned by Wetherspoons to make a BIG collage (1.2m x 1.2m) about the history of Blackpool (sorry for the egregious link to the Wetherspoons Wikipedia page, btw). later on, i was asked to make another piece (the same size) by a mysterious, anonymous client. i have no idea where it ended up, but i like to think at an old people’s home, somewhere up north, maybe. anyway, here’s a quite bad iPhone photo of it ~
- i’m now ‘represented’ by two galleries in the UK ~ Brickwork in London and Dynamite in Brighton. my first solo show is due in April at Dynamite; more details to follow, mmmmmmmyep
- 7 of my collages appeared in Empty Mirror, on the internet. i feel good about this bc Empty Mirror like the beat writers and their head lady Denise seems like a lovely head lady
- my print store is now properly up and running, so far i’ve mailed prints all over the US and UK, a couple to France and one to Poland (thanks, Wojtek)
- my short story Apples was shortlisted for the Bridport prize + my poetry pamphlet Edibles was reviewed in the Times Literary Supplement + a poem, maybe the last one i’ll ever write IDK, showed up in Crispin Best‘s For Every Year
and THAT WAS THE ‘NEWS’!! SOME THINGS HAVE HAPPENED!!
ummmm, yep. ALSO, below are three new-ish collages (one of them has a bit from a novel i’m working on as a title) ~ hope you like them! HOPE YOU’RE GOOD! / HOPE YOU’RE WELL!
lots of love, from Ben x x x x x x x x hello x x x x x x x x x
always on my mind #4